Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Hate Shots

I hate shots and I didn't even get one.

Matthew needed two and Nicholas had to have four for kindergarten. I think getting shots is worse on the parents than it is on the kids. Matthew is this happy little baby who has no idea what is coming and Nicholas is too smart for his own good and I have to explain everything to him so he gets a lot of anxiety. First I had to hold Matthew down while he was crying and then I had to TRY and hold Nicholas down while he was crying. I hate shots.

I have to say they were both troopers and a trip to get ice cream afterwards really helped.

The rest of the day has been alright. Matthew has been fussy, but considering what a good baby he normally is, one day of fussy is okay. Nicholas is pretty drained and doesn't even want to go to his cousin's house, but that is alright. All in all, it is better than them getting really sick, but I still hate shots.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to see Benjamin get his shots. I dread his visits because of them! No fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, slacker!!! We want more pictures!

    ReplyDelete